Idea Contest “ ISEAUTO in traffic”
Estonia’s first self-driving car is here, but how will it manage realistically in our public transport?
We are announcing a contest for innovative ideas. Ambitious students, teams or just people with interest, present complex innovative ideas for model of future public transport, were self-driving vehicles will be seen on our streets.
Project deadline is on 20th of October.
Grand price 1000 €
Self-driving “last mile” bus is in testing, but in the future, the self-driving cars will be part of our everyday transport system, which will be wider then just one bus. For our complex solution ideas we have announced a contest, where the main key is to find and describe the solution for integrating our vehicle to the transport system following the next requirements:
- Robust, low-latency and end-to-end protected communication channel between vehicle unit and fleet management system (V2V). Special attention to cyber attack in communication channel.
- Contingency plan and accident mitigation for the event of communication failure.
- Automatic data gathering from the route condition (congestion, accidents, road blocks).
- Automatic rerouting of the vehicle in case of accidents or road blocks.
- Possibility to stay on a terminus-type of station for predetermined period of time or until prespecified time.
- Real-time information of the fleet units statues available for the operator.
- Implement the Fleet Management System Interface Standard (FMS-Standard).
Traffic infrastructure integration
- Integration to city traffic system, including traffic lights and other real-time traffic arrangements.
- Ability to react upon traffic flow altering systems (barriers, police etc.).
- Compatibility to public transport ticketing system.
- Possibility to install additional sensors (as cameras, passengers counter etc.).
- Technical solution for remote driving communication including real-time video.
- In case of loss of communication, switching over to manual
- Operators rights, their competence and amount of work needed.
- Remote room structure, technical solution and arrangement .
- Real- time visual presentation of the buses on their routes.
- Capability of emergency stopping one or all of the buses quickly.
- Critical system-components, that needs to be duplicated.
- Solution for communication between passengers and remote room.
- Safety Standards
- Safety of communication channels
- Safety procedures for laborers (operators and other remote room and maintenance employees)
Mainenance and incident management
- Charging system, power and electricity demand and infrastructure.
- Maintenance capability (tools, repair work, cleaning, upkeep etc.).
- Software updates.
In process of developing the solution, it needs to be taken into account next situations and requirements:
- Self-driving vehicle will be ISEAUTO, need to consider technical parameters that can be found in “technical” section on the homepage.
- Max amount of vehicles will be 3.
- Driving line will be 3 km long(one-way) in Kadriorg, Tallinn.
Contest work has to be in PDF format, which includes 1-2 pages (~25 pages all together) of detailed description of the vision, technical solutions, schemes, graphical materials etc. of all the stadiums/points mentioned above.
The winner work will be chosen by qualified jury.
Criteria’s for presented work:
- Balance between different parties ( example: Company and country)
- Project implementation and explanation of ideas